< Join the Team >
We are now accepting applications for 2016 team members as follows:
To join our dedicated team of venue staff and street promotions team, please see full info and application form below.
Social Media Coordinators:
To work with our social media manager promoting the festival across our various platforms please complete the festival assistant application form below.
For more information and to join our team of venue technicians please contact us here.
So what does working as a Festival Assistant involve?
We need energetic, creative, organised and adventurous people to form our team of voluntary staff to promote the festival, sell tickets, duty manage venues, deliver top customer service and assist visiting companies from around the globe.
Do I need to live in Prague to apply?
No, each year we work with a local accommodation partner to provide a limited number of free shared accommodation slots for the top international applicants. Of course, we also welcome Prague-based team members, and international members who can source their own accommodation in Prague. Usually we have around 40/60 split of locals/internationals.
When is the festival and when are Festival Assistants required?
The festival starts on 27 May and runs until 04 June 2016. Before the festival officially opens however there is a lot to do to ensure all venues are set up, companies have arrived and settled into venues, print has been distributed, all Festival Assistants have been trained and are familiar with the venues and much more.
As such all Festival Assistants need to be in Prague by mid-afternoon on Wednesday 25 May ready to take part in compulsory training on Thursday 26 May and begin work at the festival on Friday 27 May until Saturday 4 June inclusive. Festival Assistants usually depart on either Sunday 5 or Monday 6 June.
So what is the deal?
The Festival will provide:
- Free shared accommodation for 12 nights from 25 May - 05 June inclusive (this does not apply to Prague-based assistants)
- An opportunity to see some fantastic international performances for free
(dance, theatre, live art, music, performance poetry etc)
- An opportunity to develop strong skills in festival, arts and events management
- A great addition to your CV
- Free time to explore Prague
- A taste of the best bars, bagels and off the beaten track attractions
- Good company throughout the day and well into the early hours of the morning
- Airport welcome upon arrival into Prague (international assistants only)
- Support, information and guidance for the duration of the festival
- Festival Assistants will provide:
- Supreme customer service skills
- Accurate ticket sales and money dealings
- Responsible management of each venue when you are working and the ability to work well with the team of technicians based there
- Enthusiasm, energy and superb organisational abilities
- Patient, calm and constructive thinking
- Linguistic abilities and knowledge of the local area (Prague Based Festival Assistants)
- Your beautiful faces and smiles to sell lots and lots of tickets at each venue throughout the day
- Transport to Prague (all assistants must be in Prague by mid-afternoon of Wednesday 25 May 2016)
- Transport while in Prague
- Food and drink for the duration of the festival
Festival Assistants work across a variety of venues from the afternoon until late evening and take it in turns to see the various performances whilst on duty. Street Team Festival Assistants promote the festival and also get to watch shows. It is great fun and a great place to meet companies, make contacts and have an adventure in Prague.
For a full job description please click here
Listen to the 2014 Festival Assistants chatting to Fringe Director Steve Gove here
How do I become a Festival Assistant?
To apply, simply complete the 2016 Festival Assistant Application Form and submit it. We'll be in touch before the end of the year to let you know if your application has been successful.